As a new website owner, you’re likely eager to get your site up and running as quickly as possible. However, there are a few essential plugins that you’ll want to install right away to ensure that your site is functional, secure, and optimized for search engines. In this post, we’ll take a look at the top 10 plugins that every new website should have.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. It provides a comprehensive set of tools to help you optimize your content and improve your search engine rankings. With Yoast SEO, you can easily add meta descriptions, optimize your title tags, and analyze your content for SEO.
- WPForms – WPForms is a drag-and-drop form builder that makes it easy to create custom forms for your website. Whether you need a contact form, a survey, or a registration form, WPForms has you covered. Plus, it’s fully customizable, so you can create forms that match your site’s design.
- Jetpack – Jetpack is a powerful plugin that offers a wide range of features, including site stats, social media sharing, and security tools. It also includes a built-in CDN (content delivery network) that can help speed up your site and improve your search engine rankings.
- W3 Total Cache – W3 Total Cache is a caching plugin that can help improve your site’s speed and performance. By caching your pages and posts, W3 Total Cache can reduce load times and improve user experience, which can also boost your search engine rankings.
- UpdraftPlus – UpdraftPlus is a backup plugin that makes it easy to backup and restore your site’s data. With UpdraftPlus, you can schedule regular backups and store them in the cloud, so you’ll always have a copy of your site’s data in case of a disaster.
- WP Super Cache – WP Super Cache is another caching plugin that can help improve your site’s speed and performance. It’s easy to use and can be configured to work with a variety of hosting environments.
- Broken Link Checker – Broken Link Checker is a plugin that scans your site for broken links and missing images. By fixing broken links, you can improve user experience and avoid negative SEO consequences.
- WP Smush – WP Smush is an image optimization plugin that can help reduce the file size of your images without sacrificing quality. By optimizing your images, you can improve your site’s speed and performance, which can also boost your search engine rankings.
- MonsterInsights – MonsterInsights is a powerful Google Analytics plugin that can help you track your site’s traffic and user behavior. With MonsterInsights, you can easily view your site’s analytics data right from your WordPress dashboard.
- Redirection – Redirection is a plugin that can help you manage your site’s redirects. With Redirection, you can easily create and manage redirects, which can help improve your site’s user experience and avoid negative SEO consequences.
By installing these 10 plugins, you’ll be well on your way to creating a functional, secure, and optimized website. With the right combination of plugins and a solid SEO strategy, you’ll be able to improve your search engine rankings, attract more traffic, and grow your online presence.